Dual mobility cup
The concept of dual mobility (head-insert and insert-cup) is a tried and tested means of reducing the risk of dislocation and consequent treatment. The principle is that of combining a high stability of the joint afforded by a large diameter polyethylene insert and reduction of shear forces thanks to the “low-friction” of the head-insert coupling.
The “Dualis” acetabular cup makes it possible to combine dual mobility with press-fit fixation.
– Hemispherical, to allow global contact between the component and the bone acetabulum.
– Three circumferential grooves for greater primary press-fit.
– Double SPS + HA OSPROVIT plasma spray coating for greater secondary stability.
– Mirror finishing on the inside to avoid excessive wear of the polyethylene.
– Spherical shape cranially elongated to avoid dislocation.
-Anatomic aperture in the caudal section to avoid conflict with the neck of the stem.
– Available for 28 mm heads
– Minimum thickness: 6 mm
– Retentive, to avoid head-insert dislocation
Metal component: high nitrogen content steel to ISO 5832-9. The external coating is applied by SPS + HA OSPROVIT plasma spray technique.
Polyethylene insert: the insert is made of high cross-linked polyethylene (HXLPE) in according to the ISO 5834-2.
Download the abstract of the document THE DUAL MOBILITY CUP: PRINCIPLES, INDICATIONS AND RESULTS, symposium on the occasion of the 45th OTODI Congress 8-9 May 2014, Bologna.