Re-absorbable diaphyseal plug
– Optimum filling of the medullary cavity
– Deformable, it respects the anatomical shape of the canal
– Ease to implant
Each plug comes in double, beta-ray sterilized packaging in the following sizes: 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18 and 20, the last two available on special request. Each size exactly matches the diameter of the medullary canal. For example, size 10 provides optimum plugging for a 10 mm canal diameter.
• ESOBLOCK® diaphyseal plugs are totally re-absorbable, facilitate subsequent prosthetic revision and, unlike synthetic plugs, they minimize loss of bone stock.
• Their gelatine based chemical composition gives them elastic properties that ensure optimum filling of the medullary cavity as well as improved resistance to the pressurization of the cement. The plug takes the anatomical shape of the canal, whereas synthetic plugs do not allow such deformation as they are more rigid and cannot adhere perfectly to the canal to guarantee a seal against eventual movement of the cement.
• None of the “debris” usually found when using synthetic plugs.
The plug is made of porcine gelatine, glycerol, water, methylparahydroxybenzoate.
Download the PDF