Dual Mobility Cup
The concept of DUAL MOBILITY (head-insert and insert-cup) is a tried and tested means of reducing the risk of dislocation and consequent treatment. The principle is that of combining a high stability of the joint afforded by a large diameter polyethylene insert and reduction of shear forces thanks to the “low-friction” of the head-insert coupling.
The “Dualis” acetabular cup makes it possible to combine dual mobility with press-fit fixation.
- Hemispherical, to allow global contact between the component and the bone acetabulum;
- Mirror finishing on the inside to avoid excessive wear of the polyethylene;
- Spherical shape cranially elongated to avoid dislocation;
- Anatomic aperture in the caudal section to avoid conflict with the neck of the stem.
- Longitudinal grooves that facilitate proper distribution of cement for an optimum anchoring.
Uncemented Dualis: high nitrogen content steel to ISO 5832-9. Double TiSPS+ HA OSPROVIT plasma coating for Greater secondary stability
Cemented Dualis: high nitrogen content steel to ISO 5832-9.
Available for 28 mm heads;
Minimum thickness: 6 mm:
Retentive, to avoid head-insert dislocation.
Insert is made of high cross-linked polyethylene (HXLPE – High Cross Linked Polyethylene) according to ISO 5834-2.
Offset impactor to allow the controlled positioning and impaction of cemented and uncemented dualis, with the anterior approach.